The Tomahawk steak creates an impressive plating experience for larger dinner parties. Although fairly easy to roast, the Tomahawk steak does require a slightly longer cook time than regular steaks. Be sure to plan ahead to allow for adequate time to defrost, roast, and rest your steak.
- Allow the Tomahawk steak to defrost in the refrigerator for approximately 24-48 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Season the steak generously with salt, pepper, and any other seasonings you desire.
- Place the steak in the oven for 10 minutes to get a good crust.
- Lower the temperature of the oven to 250°F.
- Roast the steak until desired doneness, about 35 minutes for a medium rare cook.
- It is best to monitor the internal temperature of the steak every 10 minutes.
- Allow the steak to rest for at least 15 minutes.
Serve the Tomahawk with popular sides such as sweet potato fries, roasted vegetables, or mashed potatoes.