American Wagyu Lomo Saltado
Lomo Saltado is a traditional Peruvian dish that combines beef, chiles, onion, tomatoes, and french fries. Expand your palate by adding American Wagyu to traditional dishes.
- 1 lb. American Wagyu Flank Steak
- 2 Aji amarillo chiles OR 2 red/orange bell peppers
- 1 Onion
- 2 Tomatoes
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Cup french fries
- 1 Cup white rice
- Allow the American Wagyu Flank Steak to defrost in the refrigerator for 24-48 hours.
- Cook french fries and white rice.
- Slice chiles, onion, and tomatoes.
- Slice approximately 1 lb. of American Wagyu Flank Steak.
- Heat a cast iron pan to medium heat.
- Salt and pepper the steak and pan sear until desired doneness.
- Remove the Wagyu and allow the slices to rest.
- In the same pan add chiles, onion, and tomatoes.
- Add balsamic vinegar and soy sauce.
- Cook until the sauce has thickened and vegetables have softened. This should take about 5-7 minutes.
- Add steak slices to the pan.
- Add cooked french fries to the pan and mix together.
- Serve with white rice.