A5 Wagyu Beef Wellington Bites
A5 Wagyu Beef Wellington Bites are the perfect appetizer for your upscale dinner party. This savory appetizer allows your inner circle a taste of A5 Wagyu, and is sure to bring everyone together before an elevated dinner experience.Ingredients
- A5 Miyazakigyu Chuck Short Rib Block (you may also use steak cubes or tenderloin cubes)
- 1 lb. Puff pastry
- 8 oz. Finely chopped Portobello mushrooms
- 4 oz. Finely chopped onion
- 1 Egg
- Oregano (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Allow the A5 Wagyu to defrost in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Allow the puff pastry to defrost at room temperature for no more than 40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Heat a non-stick pan to medium high heat.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the A5 Wagyu. (If you are using Chuck Short Rib Block, you will need to portion into bite size cubes prior.)
- Quickly pan sear the A5 Wagyu cubes on each side. This process should take no longer than 1 minute. It is very important you do not cook the cubes all the way through as they will continue to cook in the oven.
- Remove the cubes and let them rest.
- In the same pan, add finely chopped mushrooms and onion.
- Lightly salt and pepper, and pan sear until soft. You may also add a pinch of oregano.
- Remove the mushrooms and onions from the pan, and set aside to cool.
- Unfold puff pastry and cut into 2.5" x 2.5" squares.
- In the center of each square, add a spoonful of mushrooms and onions. Place one A5 Wagyu cube on top.
- To close each bite, fold the opposite corners of each square into each other. Lightly pinch the corners together to ensure the pastry closes properly.
- In a small bowl, crack one egg and whisk together with a splash of water.
- Brush egg wash on top of each A5 Wagyu Beef Wellington Bite.
- Bake the pastries for approximately 12 minutes or until golden brown.