- 2 American Wagyu Striploin Steaks (12 oz. each)
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ¾ cup red wine
- 2 sprigs thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Allow the steaks to come to room temperature to allow for even cooking.
- Pat steaks dry and season with salt & pepper.
- Heat pan to medium-high heat.
- Sear steaks to desired liking (~3-4 minutes on each side). As with any steak, it is important to flip the steaks only one time.
- Set aside steaks, and allow them to rest for 5 minutes.
- In the same pan, add minced shallot, minced garlic, & thyme to Wagyu drippings.
- Pan sear until golden brown.
- Add ¾ cup red wine.
- Allow the sauce to boil and cook until it reduced by half. (~5 minutes)
- Remove from heat and whisk in butter.
- Salt and pepper to taste.