- 1 American Wagyu Boneless Flank
- 1/2 Sweet Onion (thinly sliced)
- 6 pc Shiitake Mushroom (remove stems, and slice)
- 2 Heads Broccoli (cut off crowns and cut large ones in half)
- 4 Garlic Cloves (peeled, thinly sliced)
- 1 pc Fresno Chile (remove stem, cut in half, take out seeds and thinly slice)
- 3 Tbsp Peanut Oil
- Stir Fry Sauce (Recipe below)
- Seasoned White Rice (Recipe below)
- Clean American Wagyu Boneless Flank and cut into 8 oz steak portions. Season generously with salt and pepper. Let the steaks come to room temperature.
- When they reach room temperature, pan sear the steaks. Don't cook when they are cold or just out of the refrigerator as this will prevent the steaks to come to the proper internal temperature.
- Cook each side for about 2 mins. Pull off of stove and rest for 10 mins. Slice against the grain of the beef. Set aside.
- In a 14 inch or larger sauté pan, add oil and heat up pan just until smoking point.
- Add Shiitake Mushrooms. Bring heat to medium and add slice onions. Cook for one minute and add broccoli, garlic and Fresno Chile.
- Sauté broccoli for three minutes, and add Stir Fry Sauce (amount to your liking). When sauce has reached a boil, bring heat down to low.
- Add Cooked Sliced Flank and mix in with vegetables and sauce. Ready to serve over seasoned white rice!
STIR FRY SOY SAUCE
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 1/2 Cup Water
- 3 Tbsp Mirin
- 1 Tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Ginger (Rough Chop, Peel Skin off)
- 1 tsp Lemongrass (take out core, bottom part) rough chop
- 2pc Fresno Chile (Rough Chop) Remove stem
- 5pc Peel Garlic Clove (Rough chop)
- 1/2 Sweet Onion (Rough Chop)
- 1pc Naval Orange (wash, cut in half, squeeze and put in in Sauce pot)
- 1/4 Cup Corn Starch
- 4 Tbsp Water
- (Enough Water to mix all corn starch until smooth)
- Place all Ingredients in a 3 quart stock pot and bring to a simmer. Don't bring to boil, you will burn soy sauce. Bring up slowly!
- Once liquid comes up to temperature, turn off and set for half hour to a hour. (Longer the better) Strain liquid and reserve sauce.
SEASONED WHITE RICE
- 2 Cup Rice
- 3 3/4 Cups Water
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 3 Tbsp Peeled Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Lemongrass (finely chopped, take out core)
- 1 tsp Salt
- Sweat Garlic and Lemongrass with Sesame oil until tender, stir in rice.
- Once rice is a nice golden-brown color, add water and bring to a boil and cover.
- Simmer for 15 minutes and turn off and let it sit for 10 minutes. Keep lid on and until ready to serve.